Is it the end of the week and you have a fridge full of veggies that if not eaten tonight will likely go bad and end up in the trash (or in our case… in the animals’ food dishes)? We have all been there! This has led my family to one of our favorite dinners… Foil Packet Dinners!
What you need to do:
- Get out the tin foil and rip pieces a bit bigger that a traditional piece of paper.
- Spray the foil with an oil spray of your choice.
- Throw in your veggies in no particular order. Just mix em up!
Here’s what was in our most recent foil dinner:
- Chopped onions
- Chopped potatoes
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Chopped asparagus
- Vegan “sausage” of your choice (there are new varieties at our local stores every month!)
The rest of the steps:
- Season to taste. I used garlic salt, pepper and a “poultry” seasoning.
- Place a few pats of Earth Balance butter (or olive oil if you prefer!) on top of the pile.
- Cover with another piece of tin foil and roll in the edges.
- Toss on your hot grill (as a bonus, cooking outside helps keep your kitchen from getting hot!)
- Cook till potatoes are soft, estimated 20 mins on moderate heat.
- Unwrap and ENJOY!
Have fun with this, you cannot lose with this meal. It’s even kid friendly… if you’ve got picky eaters, it’s easy to customize each person’s meal. 🙂
Throw whatever you like in your packets! We have done every kind of veggie you can imagine and its always wonderful!